This article helps you to determine which of the Sage PDF driver updates you require and explains how to download and install the relevant update.
The Sage PDF Driver Update addresses a number of issues including:
- Bank Reconciliation - Unexpected program error (19) has been detected
- Bank Reconciliation - Unexpected program error (15) has been detected
- Printer not activated. Error code -30
- Printer not activated. Error code -41
Note: The four messages above occur when generating reports using the following file formats, *.PDF, *.HTML, *.XLS, *.RTF, and most commonly occur during the bank reconciliation.
Issues caused by uninstalling Sage Line 50 2007 and reverting to Sage Line 50 v12
Which version do I need to install?
To determine which version of the Sage PDF Driver Update to install, you need to check your version of Sage Accounts.To do this, from the program menu bar, open the Help menu then choose About. The About window appears, displaying the program name and version number.
Note: While the Sage PDF Driver Update [v2.51] should work with Windows 7, it is not officially compatible with this operating system. If you are using Sage Accounts v15 or below and installing Sage PDF Driver Update [v2.51] does not resolve the errors, as a workaround you should install alternative PDF generator software. For example, CutePDF Writer is available at http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/Writer.asp However, we do not provide support with the installation or use of third party software.
Version PDF Information
Sage 50 Accounts v12
Sage Instant Accounts v12 Windows 7 / Vista - V2007 and above - Sage PDF Driver Update [v2.51].
Other versions of Windows
If you are using any of the following Sage software, or if you previously installed Sage Line 50 2007 and have reverted to using Sage Line 50 or Sage Instant Accounts v12, then you should install the V2007 and above - Sage PDF Driver Update [v2.51]:
Sage Line 50 2007 v13.00
Sage Line 50 2007 v13.01 Sage PDF Driver Update (v2.51).
Note: Before installing the update, you must download and install Update 3 and Update 4.
Sage Line 50 2007 v13.02 and above
Sage 50 Accounts 2007
Sage 50 Accounts 2008
Sage 50 Accounts 2009
Sage 50 Accounts 2010
Sage PDF Driver Update.
Note: The Sage PDF Driver Update is only compatible with 32-bit versions of Windows operating systems.Amyuni are currently working on an update for 64-bit versions of Windows, which will be available to download as soon as it's ready.
To install the Sage PDF Driver Update
If you are using a networked version of Sage Accounts, you must install the Sage PDF Driver Update on every PC on the network running Sage Accounts. The individual PCs and server PC may be updated in any order, but every installation must be updated before any further processing is carried out.
If you are installing the Sage PDF Driver Update on a Terminal Server then you must use Install mode. For further information about using Install mode, please refer to your system administrator.
Note: Before installing this update, you must ensure that you have logged onto your PC with full administrative rights. To check if you have administrative rights, right-click the Windows Start button. If Open All Users and Explore All Users appears then you have full administrative rights.
- Locate and double-click the relevant file, for example, sagepdfdriverupdate.exe.
- If an Open File - Security window appears, to continue click Run.
- The Sage PDF Updater - InstallShield Wizard window appears.
- Sage PDF Driver Update v2.51 and v2.10 - The Line50 PDF Install window appears advising you that you must be to logged on to the PC as a user with administrative rights.
- To continue, click Next, then click Install.
- Sage PDF Driver Update v2.51 and v2.10 - To continue, click Yes.
- When the software successfully updated message appears, click Finish.
- Sage PDF Driver Update v2.51 and v2.10 - When the software successfully updated message appears, click OK.
- You have now successfully installed the Sage PDF Driver Update.